Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Interview with Caroline Mangan


Above is an interview I conducted with my good friend Caroline Mangan. Caroline works as an admissions counselor at Ohio Northern. I chose her to interview because she graduated in fields I am interested in and she is involved with a lot of the marketing activities that go on at ONU.

It was interesting to hear she uses a lot of the skills she learned here in her job. She says the most important thing she learned and uses now is teamwork. This gives me hope that all of the group projects I do in my business classes will hopefully pay off! Caroline also mentioned the importance of time management, which I am pretty good at now. I just need to keep in mind it will be harder in the future to manage bigger projects.

Then I dug deeper. I was really interested to hear her opinions on social media in the workplace. She says right after graduating, adjusting to seeing what students post on social media was kind of awkward. Caroline carefully monitors what she posts, although she does not have a separate work and personal page.

I feel like I might handle social media differently than Caroline after I graduate and enter the workplace. I might have two separate pages for work and personal life, but maintaining two pages may get to be too much.


As Caroline said, “Think before you post!” I definitely took this to heart and will continue to monitor everything I post, no matter on my personal Twitter or my professional LinkedIn. You never know who is watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment