Monday, October 13, 2014

Zero to International Sensation in Four Years

Hi, I am 21 years old and I love One Direction.

Yes, you read that correctly. And no, I am not ashamed. I am not afraid to hide that I love Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall and Zayn.

Two days ago my best friend and I dressed in our One Direction garb, trekked to Findlay and paid $15 to see the latest One Direction movie—“Where We Are: The Concert Film.” It was worth every penny. The movie was absolutely incredible. It was like going to a concert without being sweaty and pushed around by screaming girls.

The band filmed this on their latest world tour at their stop at the San Siro stadium in Milan. The Where We Are tour was a sold out worldwide stadium tour. My friend was lucky enough to see it live in Detroit. At this particular stop, the audience was very involved. For a couple of different songs, they held up signs of flags of the countries they were from and also different colored signs to spell out words.

No matter if you are a Directioner or you despise One Direction, you have to applaud them for their success. They went from five guys on the X-Factor to touring the world in merely four years. It is still crazy for me to think that if one little thing changed that day, they probably would not be together as a band. I guess we all have Simon Cowell to thank for this!


I will continue to be a One Direction fan for a very, very long time. Each one of them is a fantastic singer and great human being. Listen to their new single “Steal My Girl” now:


1 comment:

  1. Kelly,
    This is great! I am glad you are not afraid to admit your love for One Direction. I have never been a huge fan of theirs, but have always enjoyed their music. I just heard "Steal My Girl" on the radio the other day and I really like it! I completely forget One Direction started their success off of the X-Factor. What a great journey they must have had to fame!

    ReplyDelete