Thursday, October 9, 2014

Homecoming Live-Tweet

As I said in a previous blog post, ONU’s Homecoming was this past Saturday. Campus was buzzing with different activities and events. Lots of alumni returned for luncheons, class pictures and the football game. The only downside to the weekend was that it was so cold! It was windy, cold and it even rained briefly during the football game.

This was actually my first Homecoming while not in the marching band. It was so great to experience it on the other side! I didn’t have to rush anywhere or be freezing in my twirling costume.

I decided to live-tweet the Homecoming parade for an assignment. It was fun to watch the parade with my parents, as they sat and watched me in the same parade the last three years. My favorite parts of the parade include the baton twirling group, the Greek life floats and, of course, the Ohio Northern University Marching Band!

I assembled a Storify with my tweets, retweets from friends and photos. Here is the link. Hope you enjoy my view from the parade!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, this seems like it was such a great experience for you. I love your story with all of your tweets. It seems like you tweeted a lot and all of the visuals made it more interesting. I really enjoyed the story and this blog!

    ReplyDelete