Thursday, November 13, 2014

Looking for some new tunes?

It seems like everyone is always looking for new music recommendations. There has been a lot of new music released lately, so I thought I’d share the five songs I’ve been listening to nonstop lately.


“Chains”- Nick Jonas
Nick Jonas has definitely grown up from his Jonas Brothers days. His new album is super chill, so if you’re looking for something to play while your studying, check out his self-titled album.

“Centuries”- Fall Out Boy
I was browsing Fall Out Boy’s Spotify page recently and noticed they had a new single. I’ve always been a FOB fan and this song does not disappoint. This song is pretty powerful and perfect for headbanging in your room.

“Good Girls”- 5 Seconds of Summer
Some people have mixed feelings about 5SOS, me being one of them. I thought I’d just listen to a couple of their songs on Spotify and was thoroughly impressed. They had a different sound than I thought they would have. 5SOS is a lot more pop-punk than I expected. My recommendation is to have an open mind if you listen to 5SOS for the first time.

“Salute”- Little Mix
My roommate introduced me to Little Mix and I’m so glad she did. In my opinion, these days there just isn’t a strong female group in the music industry. But now there is Little Mix. If you like this song, then you should jump on YouTube and listen to their acoustic songs. Their harmonies are incredible. 

“Someone New”- Hozier
You may recognize Hozier from his single “Take Me to Church,” which is also really good. But I like “Someone New” because it’s more upbeat and catchy than “Take Me to Church.” Regardless, I recommend Hozier to anyone looking to update his or her Spotify playlists.

Leave a comment with what you’ve been listening to lately!

4 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    I really enjoyed this post because, as you mentioned, I happen to be one of those people looking for new music. Because of Spotify and my iphone, I rarely listen to the radio anymore so I never know what cool new music is out there. I seem to get stuck in a rut of listening to the same playlist with the same set of songs without ever knowing what new song might be out there. I will definitely have to give these songs a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    Great idea for a blog post! I am always on the hunt for new music to the point that I can call it a hobby. I always forget the benefits of using Spotify to create playlists! Often times I just use Pandora or spend my money to buy songs off of iTunes. I think Spotify would definitely be a better alternative.
    The songs you chose are great! I especially like "Someone New" by Hozier. Lately, I have been listening to Taylor Swift's new album. I liked it so much that I just bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly I am a huge music fan too, especially FOB. Their last album was amazing beginning to end. FOB really never goes out of style and "Centuries" continues the legacy. One new song I love is "Lips are Movin'," it is so catchy and sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and the song "Lips are Movin'" is by Meghan Trainor by the way! I forgot to add that crucial detail.

    ReplyDelete